As of November 4, 2020, 18648 cases of COVID-19 infection have been detected over the past day. And now some useful statistics that will show the development of the pandemic in the country:
- since the beginning of the pandemic, 1,673,686 infections have been detected;
- to date, 393.5 thousand remain in the active phase;
- 15331 patients recovered over the past day;
- over the past day, 355 people have died from the virus;
- 398 thousand citizens remain under medical supervision.
Such statistics of the active phase of the second wave show that the virus continues to rage with the onset of the cold season and that the situation in the country is aggravating every day. Rospotrebnadzor specialists once again urge to comply with all quarantine measures and use personal protective equipment in public places. They also pay special attention to the fact that the virus can now easily be caught in an elevator if you use it without masks and at least some social distance.
Anna Popova, who is the chief sanitary doctor of Russia, stated the fact that at the moment the epidemiological situation in the country continues to be very tense, since since the beginning of autumn the rate of infected people has increased from 3.8 to 12 people per 100,000 population. This forces her to ask the government to tighten quarantine measures in order to stop the growth in the number of infected and, accordingly, the number of deaths from COVID-19.